The Old Town Bridge

Show map

Gamle Bybro - The Old Town Bridge - was first built on this site in 1681. At the same time, Kristiansten Fort was under construction. A sentry and excise house stood at either end of the bridge. The excise house on the west side is still standing and is in use as a kindergarten. The bridge and gates as they now stand were built in 1861 by Carl Adolf Dahl, the municipal officer in charge of public buildings and works.

Show more

About this activity